Imagine a Tri-Valley where everyone has access to quality, affordable, local healthcare.
"I didn't know that I was diabetic, and two weeks away from liver failure. My doctor at Axis saved my life."
- Axis Patient, Pleasanton
Our patients are the "working poor" - 95% have a family income under 200% of the Federal Poverty Line (less than $46,100 a year for a family of four). Most are enrolled in Medi-Cal, a public health insurance for very low income people. Axis is the sole provider of primary and preventive medical care for these patients. Patients depend on us so they can work, attend school, and live a healthy life. Axis patients are:
- Children needing immunizations.
- People who are disabled or homeless.
- People with chronic conditions like diabetes, hypertension, or asthma.
- Moms-to-be needing prenatal care.
The Rapidly Growing Need for Care
The Tri-Valley is growing rapidly, as is the need for care. We've hired more staff and expanded our hours, but our facilities have stayed the same. Today, Axis's two medical clinics and two behavioral health sites are operating at full capacity with 14,000 patients - and must serve 20,000 in 2016. We simply cannot meet this need for care without more exam rooms.
- Without care, untreated illnesses can require costly emergency care or hospitalization.
- Preventive care reduces public health costs -- an emergency room visit for acute asthma approaches $2,000, a health clinic visit is $200.
- Communities benefit when workers and schoolchildren remain healthy.
treating the Whole Person
Axis embraces the "medical home" service delivery model that meets patients' care needs across medical and behavioral health services, and provides ongoing follow-up support.
We can imagine a Tri-Valley where everyone has access to healthcare. We need your help to build this vision.